This list is by no means exhaustive and is not in order of importance. Please feel free to add more ways that you can think of in the comments! Let see how many reasons we can come up with!
1) Art develops fine motor skills in young children.
2) Art encourages creativity which is linked to critical thinking.
3) Art is a visual language which is increasingly important in the 21st century.
4) Art is fun and fun is essential to childhood... or to life for that matter!
5) Art helps children to express themselves.
6) Art develops observational skills and helps children to slow down and really take notice.
7) Art promotes self-esteem and confidence.
8) Art develops hand-eye coordination.
9) Art broadens a child's scope and introduces new concepts and cultures in a way that is fun.
10) Art and making art can be a way for children to learn to work with others.
This section of the blog is dedicated to you. Come to find inspiration, ideas and tips for encouraging creativity. I also hope this becomes a gathering place for like-minded parents to chat and engage each other on the topics as they arise! Let's work together to help our children have great experiences!